Beginning with the 2017-2018 school year in the state of Wisconsin, every school board and district is required to provide academic and career planning services to students in grades 6-12 enrolled in the district. In addition under PI 26, school boards and districts must meet the following requirements:
- Develop a long-range plan with school district staff and community stakeholders.
- Publish the plan on the school district’s website.
- Review the plan yearly.
This plan must address:
- Local, regional, and state market needs.
- Education and training requirements for occupations that will fill labor market needs.
- Process to engage parents regarding ACP services provided and opportunities to participate.
- Description of career and technical education (CTE) programming available, staff professional development for ACP delivery, and how school district will meet education for employment program requirements.
- Strategy to engage business, postsecondary education, and workforce development